Grupo del Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Victoria (Málaga)
null Grupo del Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Victoria (Málaga)
The Clinical Research in HIV Infection, Endovascular infection and Bacteremia group, was set up in the 90s at University Hospital Virgen de la Victoria (Málaga, Spain) and is currently under the leadership of Dr. Jesús Santos. Our group belongs to the Institute of Biomedical Research from Malaga (IBIMA), being also integrated in the Spanish AIDS Research Network (RIS) from the year 2006 as well as in other local and national research networks related to infectious diseases.
Lines of research:
- HIV Infection: HIV epidemiological surveillance at the local level.
- Antiretroviral therapy (ART).
- Comorbidities in HIV (ENOS) patients.
- HIV-coinfection with hepatotropic viruses.
- Molecular epidemiology of HIV and description of HIV outbreaks.
- Other sexual transmitted infections.
- Cardiovascular infections.
- Infectious diseases prevalent within the community besides imported infections.
- Osteoarticular and soft tissue infections.
- Bacteremia and candidemia.