Técnicas de Laboratorio - Laboratory Techniques
In Laboratory Techniques we gather a wide expertise in a high variety of techniques:
- Cellular and immunological techniques:
- Purification and cryopreservation of mononuclear cells from peripheral blood (PBMC).
- Obtaining cellular subpopulations (lymphocytes TCD4+, lymphocytes TCD8+, monocytes, dendritic cells, Treg…).
- Immortalization of B-lymphocytes.
- Flow cytometry.
- Molecular techniques:
- DNA extraction from peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and other cellular subpopulations and cell lines.
- DNA/RNA/protein extraction from tissue (frozen and paraffin-embedded).
- Amplification of genomic DNA.
- Techniques related with antiretroviral drugs:
- Screening and characterization of the anti-HIV activity of compound collections.
- Phenotypic resistance of antiretroviral drugs.
- Phenotypic characterization of viral tropism in clinical samples before starting treatment with CCR5 inhibitors.
- Microbicides evaluation in in vitro models or in small animal models.
- Specific techniques in vaccine research:
- Titration of neutralizing antibodies against HIV for the assessment of efficacy of new vaccines.
- Assessment of immunogen prototypes in in vitro models or in small animal models.